Thursday, October 31, 2013

I'm a royal heir, not a slave! -from June 23, 2013



“For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.  For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!”  The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs –heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.”  Romans 8:14-17

I realize I have been feeling more like a slave than a royal heir.  I felt convicted of this mentality when I was meeting with one of my new Mongolian friends for lunch and she said “I read your blog and it sounds like you are having such a hard time here.  I am so sorry, I will help you learn how live here!”  Sheepishly I looked down into my coffee and tried to diffused the situation and tell her about all of the honest reasons why I love living here.  So let me just state for the record: I really do love living here in Mongolia!

I am sorry for my hum-drum attitude in my last few blog posts.  In an effort to be honest about the challenges in my walk with the Lord through this process, I have mistakenly left out the truly wonderful parts of this journey.  God’s Word and His Spirit have been so alive to me in this process.  Even in the hardest moments, I have felt His Presence and his embrace.  Just as a parent would run to a child that was hurt on the playground, I have felt Him run to me and speak so kindly to my hurt heart.

“Therefore, behold, I will allure her, and bring her into the wilderness and speak tenderly to her, and there I will give her vineyards and make the Valley of Anchor (trouble) a door of hope.  And there she shall answer as in the days of her youth...” Hosea 2:14-15

This morning I felt the Lord explain to me that rather than just a small peon in His game of life that has no rights or say in anything I do, I am a royal heir, a princess that gets to serve with the King of Kings.  You see, a princess has a ton of rights and privileges, but along with those rights and privileges come a responsibility to her kingdom.  I get to be royalty, but I also have a duty to serve my kingdom as an ambassador for the King.

“But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.” 1 Peter 2:9

No comments:

Post a Comment